16.3.08

Since always.

So of course after getting a new sidekick and having not too difficult of a time setting it back up-it all has to go to shit. My data wasn't working when i initially got it because my settings had to be reset. I had a feeling simply putting a new sim into my phone wouldn't make it work and i asked about this-they assured it would be fine. It wasn't. So after speaking with customer service who obviously didn't know anything about my phone "Hip-what?" and "Are you sure that's a Fido phone?" they were able to establish why it wasn't working. I was on the phone with the rep who was constantly switching back and forth between me and the technician-eventually she just put me straight through to him (even though she said apparently they never do that). For a while i thought they were just trying to tell me to do anything they could think of in hopes i would get so frustrated and just hang up. "Well you need to push the reset button-first you have to take out the battery to do that" Well, no I don't because you can't remove the battery from a hiptop. They were constantly telling me the wrong thing to do- the whole while i was very patient and understand-after all, it wasn't her fault that she wasn't properly educated as to how my phone works. After poking safety pins into various openings in my phone that they were convinced were the 'reset button' the technician finally came to the conclusion the phone had to be reset via the menus. Despite wasting about an hour of my time, i thought the entire process went reasonably well-they helped me the best they could and were polite the whole time and I got my phone to work-or so i thought. Next day i go to use my phone and no one can hear me-I had poor service/I was in a loud bar-I had a number of reasons why i didn't find this strange. Until literally no one could hear anything. So after doing some research i discover that one of the wholes that i was told was the reset button was actually the microphone. The one they consistently told me to kept stabbing with a safety pin despite the fact that i told them I didn't think it was the reset button and that stabbing it wasn't giving me any results. Yeah. So they broke my fucking phone. Which are impossible to find. Which they can't replace. Which is the only phone i can use with the plan I have. Which they told me i would loose if i couldn't come up with a new handset. So now not only do i not have use of a phone right now again-Im going to have to fucking fight with them to be compensated. I'm so sick of having to fight for everything to work-but there is no way that i'm just going to let this go. I'm always calm and polite when dealing with situations like this. I'm a customer service reps' wet fucking dream. Not anymore. I'm allowing myself for once to be rude, irrational and demanding. I won't be able to deal with this untill at least wednesday-so please don't call me, only texting for now.

No comments: