4.2.08

What else would you have me be?

I'm curious as to why the Canadian postal service feels the need to torture me. Receiving mail is one of my favourite things in life-and when I know it's on the way the anticipation practically kills me. I come home from where ever practically running once my house is in view to come check my mailbox hoping there is something waiting for me. I have tried to not get my hopes up about a package ever arriving in a timely fashion but I find it difficult-sometimes my mail comes at normal speed but lately everything i've been waiting for seems to be taking longer than usual. Today i woke up convinced that my package would be waiting for me. I go to my door, and see no signs of a package (and become discouraged) but do however find a delivery notice slip! (and then become excited) Then i read it and realize i cannot pick up my package until tomorrow (and become discouraged again) and then i realize 'at least my package is here' (and become excited again) and then I read the back and realize the slip is for my roommate (and become very discouraged...again) I guess what i would like is some consistency in the delivery times of packages-sometimes I think i cannot handle the emotional roller coaster that mail has me riding. At the same time, that unsure feeling, the excitement of waiting-I think might be what i love most about the mail. In the very least, it gives me something to look forward to. To summarize: I love mail.

EDIT: IT IS NOW FRIDAY AND MY MAIL STILL HASN'T COME. I HATE MAIL.

No comments: