23.2.08

I never never want to go home-because i haven't got one anymore.

It seems typical that the second i leave town something monumental and tragic happens to my favourite part of the city such that i can't even be there to witness it. Obviously i'm talking about the fire at queen and portland. Seeing the pictures and actually realizing the damage made my stomach drop. If i hadn't been in montreal, i would have been walking to work on queen around 730am and would have probably had much more of an emotional reaction. Of course It would have been almost impossible for me to get to work, and then i would have been written up for being late. hah. I can't imagine what it will be like when i get home, and walk that stretch of queen like i do twice a day-and have it all be gone. You'd think growing up in a city that was constantly developing and changing to the point that i hardly even recognize it would make one immune to this sort of thing. I guess that part of toronto was starting to actually feel like home. I don't want to think about what horrible stores will replace them. And with the fucking home depot going in soon, well, there goes the neighbourhood.

I think winter is really starting to kick my ass and i don't want to deal with it anymore. I don't really want to deal with anything at all anymore. I've sort of been feeling an overwhelming sense of hopelessness lately. Even here i know too many people. Right now i'm in one of my moods where all i want is to move away from everything that i know.

No comments: