28.9.09

I got it bad...(and that ain't good)

I'm feeling mighty lonesome , haven't slept a wink. I walk the floor and watch the door, and in between I drink black coffee. Love's a hand me down brew, I'll never know a Sunday in this weekday room. I'm talking to the shadows from 1 o'clock til 4. And lord, how slow the moments go when all I do is pour black coffee. Since the blues caught my eye, I'm hanging out on Monday my Sunday dreams to dry. Now a man is born to go a lovin'. A woman's born to weep and fret-And drown her past regrets in coffee and cigarettes. I'm moaning all the morning, and mourning all the night. And in between it's nicotine, and not much heart to fight-Black coffee. Feelin' low as the ground. It's driving me crazy just waiting for my baby to maybe come around... around. I'm waiting for my baby to maybe come around. My nerves have gone to pieces, my hair is turning gray. All I do is drink black coffee
since my man's gone away...

All I seem to want to listen to is amazing 1950s jazzy ella, julie, peggy, ruth ect. So many beautifully heartbreaking songs. I pine to exist when this becomes popular again. Until I perfect my time machine i'll just relate better to lyrics written 60 years ago...

No comments: