15.1.08

and i will never sleep again.

So i really decided that i was going to start sleeping more often-over the break i was able to get a normal 8 hours and found myself to be much less irritable, had more energy and saved money on coffee (although i suppose i still managed to drink 3 diet cokes a day which can't be good). You could call it a new years resolution of sorts (but not actually since i am against that whole concept) but from that point on I was going to make an effort to continue with that. I wasn't going to procrastinate, i was going to manage my time to its maximum capability, and i wasn't going to commit acts of spontaneity. I was going to focus-do all of my work on time (no half ass concept jobs thank you very much gary taxali) and do it with time to spare! These were all of the great things i had planned out in my head. Then i had my first week of class and all of that went to shit. I did start my assignments earlier and i did spend more time on them-and i've had better illustrations so far as a result- but i have certainly not maintained my ideal number of sleep hours. As well, i started watching Dexter. I know that all of you are probably way ahead of me here, but i seem to always be behind when in comes to mainstream tv cult series. As such, i feel compelled to catch up to the rest of you and so every night (when i should be sleeping) im searching around on youtube trying to find someone who has uploaded episodes and watch them before their account gets suspended (youtube does a surprisingly good job at catching people even within the day they post the eps). So basically i think i've come to terms with the fact that i'll never get a normal amount of sleep-i can always find reasons to stay up and i think that will always be my problem. I guess there is just too much out there that i want to see. Sleep is the cousin of death anyway, right?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

mark has dexter on dvd. you two should talk.

Katie Gale said...

whatever yuppie scum!