20.1.08

and i should know because i've seen them.


While normally i maintain that the universe is out to get me-yesterday something changed. I was able to pick up this book at She said boom. Now first of all i show up and the store is closed-the owner apologizes but then changes his mind and askes if there was something specific i was looking for. He opens the store up just so i can come and buy the book. He also only charged me $36 for it even though it was priced at $40 (and the cheapest i've seen it go on ebay for was $140!) He then proceeded to talk to me for a good 20 minutes. To many people it would seem obvious that his motivation for going out of his way for me was simply monetary. I however believe it was much different than that. He didn't have to open to store to let me in. He certainly didn't have to charge me less than was the book was priced at, and he also didn't have to talk to me afterwards. I'm not sure why exactly i'm posting about this-i suppose next time i'm miserable i can look back at this and be reminded that it isn't all bad. I never expect much from people-so when people go out of their way to do something nice it usually catches me off guard-even people i know let alone strangers.

1 comment: